We are hiring: Venture Analyst (MBA/Masters, 4 month position)
In collaboration with our partners at Relay Ventures, we are looking for two Venture Analysts to join our team for a four-month internship
Relay Ventures is a $600MM early-stage venture capital fund partnering with founders at the Seed and Series A stages. We are thesis-based investors and finance entrepreneurs who are rethinking industries where technology will have an outsized impact. Our current focus areas are Real Estate, Financial Services, Sports and Entertainment, and Mobility. We have offices in Toronto, Calgary, and San Francisco and a wide network of portfolio companies across North America.
We are looking for entrepreneurial analysts to join us for a four-month remote internship. This is a multidisciplinary role where you will support our team on everything from research to operations to portfolio support. This may be for you if you are passionate about technology, inherently curious, an analytical thinker, and a strong writer.
Please find more details below. If this sounds like it might be for you, apply here. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
A typical day might include the following:
- Work on your in-depth research project to help us understand and evaluate a market trend and identify investment opportunities
- Create financial and reporting templates and build out resources to support early stage companies
- Analyze an S1 and summarize key findings to share with the broader team
- Update and maintain internal databases and reporting
- Support the investment team on company and market evaluation, due diligence, and reporting
- Write content and develop marketing strategies and tactics to engage with our stakeholders (newsletter, social media, etc.)
- Interact with entrepreneurs and support our portfolio companies on ad-hoc projects
Please note: This role is primarily focused on fund strategy and operations.
What you’ll learn
- How to analyze cap tables and understand the capital structure of a business
- How to apply a thesis-based approach to seed-stage investing
- How to evaluate entrepreneurs and early stage business opportunities
- How to identify trends from key metrics in fast growing companies
- How to collect and summarize data from a variety of sources
- How to create and improve processes in a fast paced environment
This job might be for you if:
You are a problem solver. You love taking on new and difficult challenges and figuring out creative solutions. You are comfortable working independently without much direction and seeking help when you need it.
You are laser focused on what’s important. There are always more things on your to-do list than you can accomplish in a day, but you are comfortable juggling multiple projects, prioritizing and re-prioritizing as you go.
You are a critical thinker with strong analytical skills. You seek out advice from experts but formulate your own opinions. You are comfortable discussing and debating your views, even when you are the outlier.
You are naturally curious and love to learn. You get interested in whatever topic you are focused on, whether it's understanding blockchain technology or how HVAC systems work. You are a clear communicator and can explain just about anything to anyone.
You have a sense of humour and a can-do attitude.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Currently enrolled in an MBA or masters program
- 1-4 years of experience working in consulting, engineering, venture capital, or at a startup
- A strong passion for technology and entrepreneurship
- A passion for real estate, fintech, mobility, or sports is an asset
- These roles are remote.
Thanks for reading all the way through! Please apply here. We can’t wait to meet you.
We are committed to workplace diversity and provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process.
More articlesView all articles
We are thrilled to share that Lane has entered into an agreement to be acquired by VTS, the commercial real estate industry’s leading leasing, marketing, asset management, and tenant experience platform. Lane has built a world-class team and no-code platform that brings a modern experience to international real estate portfolios, flex spaces, and offices. Joining […]
Alate is excited to announce that we are doubling down on our investment in Silofit, participating in their US$10.25MM Series A, alongside Whitecap Venture Partners and Courtside Ventures.
Alate is excited to be part of Occupier’s journey and invest alongside MetaProp, Second Century Ventures, and other real estate leaders in Occupier’s $5M seed round.