We’re hiring! Alate Partners is looking for an analyst / associate to join our team.
Analyst / Associate (Toronto)
Alate Partners is looking for an Analyst / Associate to join our team
Alate Partners recently launched with $40MM in seed capital to support technology companies that are rethinking how real estate is designed, built, and managed. We are looking for an entrepreneurial Analyst to help us scale the business and support our investments and operations – everything from sourcing startups and supporting due diligence to managing our website and social media channels. This is a unique opportunity to join a company on the ground floor and work with visionary leaders who are shaping the future of the real estate industry. A typical day might include the following:
- Read technology and real estate news to identify emerging trends, formalize thesis areas, and source promising startups
- In-depth market research and market map creation
- Meet with entrepreneurs and formulate an opinion on their business and the broader market opportunity
- Monitor and qualify inbound investment opportunities
- Manage the Alate pipeline and CRM and create company summaries to share with our partners and investors
- Model business scenarios and create business cases for new opportunities
- Develop marketing strategies and tactics to engage with our audience (newsletter, social media, etc.)
- Attend real estate or tech events to network with local entrepreneurs, real estate professionals, and VCs
This job might be for you if:
You are a problem solver. You love taking on new and difficult challenges and figuring out creative solutions. You are comfortable working independently without much direction and seeking help when you need it.
You are laser focused on what’s important. There are always more things on your to-do list than you can accomplish in a day, but you are comfortable juggling multiple projects, prioritizing and re-prioritizing as you go.
You are a critical thinker with strong analytical skills. You seek out advice from experts but formulate your own opinions. You are comfortable discussing and debating your views, even when you are the outlier.
You are naturally curious and love to learn. You get interested in whatever topic you are focused on, whether it’s understanding blockchain technology or how HVAC systems work. You are a clear communicator and can explain just about anything to anyone.
You have a sense of humour and a can-do attitude.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative or business-oriented field, or equivalent practical experience
- 1-4 years of experience working in consulting, engineering, venture capital, or at a startup
- A strong passion for technology, real estate, and entrepreneurship
- This role is located in Toronto. Some travel will be required.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Exact compensation will be determined by your experience, skills, and education.
So, who are we?Alate Partners empowers entrepreneurs who are rethinking real estate. Founded through a partnership between Dream and Relay Ventures, Alate focuses on innovative technology companies that enhance how commercial, residential, and industrial real estate is designed, built, and managed. In addition to capital, Alate provides unique access to expertise and customers through its network of influential real estate owners, operators, and managers. For more information on Alate, visit alatepartners.com.
Thanks for reading all the way through! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to meet you.
Alate Partners is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
More articlesView all articles
It’s inspiring to see the progress being made towards greater equity and diversity in the private capital industry, and we congratulate Whitney Rockley, Lisa Melchior, Courtney Cooper, and Kristin Smith on their well-deserved recognition as winners of the inaugural Canadian Women in Private Capital Awards.
VendorPM is a marketplace that is creating visibility and bringing greater control to property managers and vendors for their everyday operations. For property managers, centralizing and organizing vendors broadens the range of choices, decreases friction, and reduces risk while screening or bidding on these opportunities. For vendors, the platform provides a fulsome toolset to advertise, win, and manage new or recurring business.
In 2020, Altrio launched their platform, Origin, to help investment teams make more efficient and informed decisions on deals. The platform automates the time-consuming process of extracting data from OMs, overlays market comparables and proprietary data, and organizes investment pipelines. Teams can screen deals faster, collaborate in real-time, and use a more data-driven approach when investing.